Television: Dr Who premieres tonight (at least in the USA) at 8pm on the Sci Fi Channel with The Christmas Special (which I have been assured is crucial) followed by another episode. I still don't see how Ten can possibly replace Niiiiiiiiiiine in my heart, but I'll give him a go. Heroes premiere is repeated at 7pm, if you didn't catch it Monday night. Or Tuesday night. Or ........geez. In the days of VCR's, TiVo etc, they repeat shows much more than they ever did back when you really NEEDED them to repeat them. And there're fewer episodes a season. Bah.
I idiotically did not look at the picture - just the chart - and so mine is white background, black skulls. Which is fine, I suppose, but I'd think a black mitten would look better in the long run. Anyway, it was a fun quick knit. I managed to almost finish one with a wicked migraine, which is more than I can say for EZ.
I'm not very happy with the cast on edge - it flares. I used the cable cast on because that's my fave, but probably cast it on too loosely. At this point, it's a whatever, but it still bothers me. A little.
Ten Knitterly Things You Didn't Know About Me (Maybe):
1. I taught myself to knit out of an old knitting book and Vogue's Knitting while I was living up in Mendocino County in a cabin in the woods ten years ago.
2. I'd always wanted to learn how to knit. I used to work down the street from The Knitting Basket on Piedmont Ave (it's moved to Montclair) and I would wander in and pet the yarns but flee like demons were chasing me if anyone actually offered to teach me. No idea why.
3. I used to knit Western style but switched to continental and I'm not sure how or why.
4. I can't knit purl western style to save my soul nowadays. It's so awkward.
5. My purl stitches are tighter than my knit stitches.
6. Gauge swatches are a huge waste of time for gauge but are lifesavers when it comes to practicing new stitch patterns or seeing how the yarn behaves.
7. The terms Western, Eastern, English, Continental and Combination knitting confused me no end for ages. But then again, left and right confuses me.
8. I was a wee bit snobbish about dishcloths, until I knit one. Now I want to knit dozens and it's annoying me that I don't have enough yet to toss out my storebought ones.
9. I organized my stash and now I can't find anything.
10. My favorite place to knit is laying in bed with the TV on and a book and the pattern balanced precariously in my lap with Hezekiah cutting off the circulation in a leg.
From the National Portrait Gallery in DC in honor of Chaos' 3rd birthday (yesterday). Poor baby is a sickie. Get better, Chaos!