Stolen from Good Girls Kill For Money Club (Authors, not assassins). (I think).
- Your favorite word? Taught
- Your least favorite word? Try
- The word that is the most fun to say? Defenestrate
- What word should be banned because of overuse? Whatever
Tara tagged me way back at the end of May:
- Who’s your all-time favorite author, and why? Alice Hoffman. Jack Higgins.
- Who was your first favorite author, and why? I'm not entirely sure I knew books had authors. I did like Edith Nesbit, Noel Streatfeild, Elizabeth Enright along with Trixie Belden, Nancy Drew, Cherry Ames (Yes, I realize the last set are series and not authors) Do you still consider him or her among your favorites? Now this is a peculiar question. Do I reread them? Yes. Are they still my favorites? Well, my tastes have matured somewhat.
- Who’s the most recent addition to your list of favorite authors, and why? Jim Butcher and Deanna Raybourn.
- If someone asked you who your favorite authors were right now, which authors would first pop out of your mouth? See above and add Allison Weir, David Starkey.
- Are there any you’d add on a moment of further reflection? Undoubtedly.
Bridget tagged me with this one. Rules: You must answer the questions using only one word. Then tag four others
- 1. Where is your cell phone? Desk
- 2. Your significant other? Imaginary (or: Furry)
- 3. Your hair? Short
- 4. Your mother? Aquarian
- 5. Your father? Loyal
- 6. Your favorite thing? Books. Yarn
- 7. Your dream last night? Crazy
- 8 Your favorite drink? Coffee
- 9. Your dream/goal? Hobby
- 10. The room you’re in? Cold
- 11. Your hobby? Reading/knitting
- 12. Your fear? Legion
- 13. Where do you want to be in 6 years? Upright
- 14. What you’re not? Dating
- 15. Muffins? Bran
- 16. One of your wish list items? Castle
- 17. Where you grew up? Suburbs
- 18. The last thing you did? Type
- 19. What are you wearing? Clothes
- 20. Favorite gadget? Remote
- 21. Your pets? Peculiar
- 22. Your computer? Square
- 23. Your mood? Moderate
- 24. Missing someone? Yes
- 25. Your car? Serviceable
- 26. Something you’re not wearing? Jewelry
- 27. Favorite store? Amazon
- 28. Like someone? Yes
- 29. Your favorite color? Now?
- 30. When is the last time you laughed? Yesterday
- 31. Last time you cried? Yesterday
Courthouse Skies. Smoky. California is on fire. It's a little scary when you can't go outside because of particulates. I've never even heard the term in connection to air. Air that I breathe. I have never been so happy to see blue skies in my life. The smoky pic was last week, the other was this morning.
Sock I was knitting on during Jury Duty:
Sock (12 st Ribbed Lace from Sensational Knitted Socks) started after deciding above sock looked pathetic and frogged it. I am however, deeply in love with the Eye of Partridge heel flap.
Sock as of this morning, modeling gracefully against the basil and ......some other herb.
It's only now I realize how much that resembles the Horcrux Socks (you'll have to scroll down). Oh well. The other sock patterns in my queue need a solid color or the cables/lace/patterns won't show well.
I'd post a pic of Hez but either no batteries work in my house or I really did break my camera dropping it off the bookshelf. I wouldn't mind terribly breaking the camera, I hates it. Any suggestions for a moderately priced camera that takes decent pictures of socks and cats?