She hung up on me this morning. I think she's finally twigged that I will insist on singing happy birthday and no, I can't carry a tune. Or more likely, I woke her up out of a dead sleep after she worked late last night and she assumed I was calling my brother.
Anyway, Happy Birthday to my favorite SIL!
And since she's the best writer I know, I thought it would be appropriate to list my 15 Books/15 Decades 3M is hosting.
- 1848 Agnes Grey by Anne Bronte
- 1857 Barchester Towers by Anthony Trollope
- 1862 Lady Audley's Secret by Mary Elizabeth Braddon
- 1870 The Mystery of Edwin Drood by Charles Dickens
- 1886 Little Lord Fauntleroy by Frances Hodgson Burnett (or:
- 1887 She by H Rider Haggard
- 1892 The Gentle Art of Making Enemies, James McNeill Whistler (non fic)
- 1907 The Fifth Queen by Ford Madox Ford
- 1911 The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett
- 1920 The Outline of History by H G Wells (non fiction)
- 1934 Appointment in Samarra by John O'Hara or:
- 1938 House of All Nations by Christine Stead
- 1948 The Plague by Albert Camus
- 1957 The Cat in the Hat by Dr Seuss
- 1967 One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
- 1974 The Madwoman in the Attic by Sandra Gilbert and Susan Gubar (non fic)
- 1988 A Brief History of Time by Stephen Hawking (non fic)
And for The Non Fiction Five Books Joy is hosting:
- The Gentle Art of Making Enemies by James McNeill Whistler
- A Perfect Prince by Ann Wroe
- The Madwoman in the Attic by Satndra Gilbert and Susan Gubar
- The Queens Conjuror by Benjamin Woolley
- Mathesemantics by Edward MacNeal
Talk about overlapping challenges.
UFO challenge- March:
Remember this? Its Jacket of the Twinset? Well, Its no more. Now Its been frogged and renamed Golden Gate (originally called Lace Edged Elegance by the designer Lois Young in the Summer 1999 Knitters magazine.) Golden Gate, so far:
Not the greatest shot (yes, that is the passenger seat of my car) but at least you can see the orange Golden Gate Bridge color in the sun. Yarn: Elsebeth Lavold Silky Wool.