the ribbon scarf is done. If I'd had any idea at all that it'd take so. dang. long to cast the stupid thing off, I'm not sure I'd've knit it. Seriously, I think it took me since last Wednesday until Sunday? To cast off? Gah. I used the double cast off method (the last stitch goes back on the needle and is knit it together with the next to go stitch) just because it looked nicer but man, it was something like 3200 stitches on the final row. Wow, that picture is really blurry. I ran out of the one novelty yarn I was using to bind off aboout 300 stitches before the end, but found a different Tahki ribbon yarn that was mostly the same colors. I actually like it a little better, but NO WAY am I going back and redoing it.
I was squired all around the Bay Area over the weekend for my birthday (Tuesday, the 14th) . We did the boutiques, bookstores, bakeries and the beach in Half Moon Bay (also the yarn store but they didn't have the yarn I saw there a year ago that I decided to buy this time around....go figure.) BFF fell in love with Touch Me and Sinsation yarn......there was this gorgeous scarf made out of Sinsation and something else on display. She crochets so she's halfway to knitting.
Sunday A & I mostly just gazed at the water from the Benicia Wharf and gabbed. I was shopped out. The Benicia Knitting Circle wasn't open, darn it.
Fashion Knit in Walnut Creek had a baby Sheba/Hezekiah (small gray cat) in the store yesterday but not today. Darn! Today I was all prepared to take a picture and yesterday I was too busy petting the kitty to think of it.
But she did jump from the bench into the top perch last night. Yeah, right before getting out and walking to the other side of the windowsill to look outside. She wasn't that attached to the open window when she had huge pieces of furniture to sprawl on.
My mom emailed me this: (this was so Sheba.)
How To Give A Cat A Pill
- 1- Pick up cat and cradle it in the crook of your left arm as if holding a baby. Position right forefinger and thumb on either side of cat's mouth and gently apply pressure to cheeks while holding pill in right hand. As cat opens mouth, pop pill into mouth. Allow cat to close mouth and swallow
- 2. Retrieve pill from floor and cat from behind sofa. Cradle cat in left arm and repeat process.
- 3. Retrieve cat from bedroom, and throw soggy pill away.
- 4. Take new pill from foil wrap, cradle cat in left arm, holding rear paws tightly with left hand. Force jaws open and push pill to back of mouth with right forefinger. Hold mouth shut for a count of ten.
- 5. Retrieve pill from goldfish bowl and cat from top of wardrobe. Call spouse from garden.
- 6. Kneel on floor with cat wedge! d firmly between knees, hold front and rear paws. Ignore low growls emitted by cat. Get spouse to hold head firmly with one hand while forcing wooden ruler into mouth Drop pill down ruler and rub cat's throat vigorously.
- 7. Retrieve cat from curtain rail, get another pill from foil wrap. Make note to buy new ruler and repair curtains. Carefully sweep shattered figurines and vases from hearth and set to one side for gluing later.
- 8. Wrap cat in large towel and get spouse to lie on cat with head just visible from below armpit. Put pill in end of drinking straw, force mouth open with pencil and blow down drinking straw.
- 9. Check label to make sure pill not harmful to humans, drink 1 beer to take taste away. Apply Band-Aid to spouse's forearm and remove blood from carpet with cold water and soap.
- 10. Retrieve cat from neighbor's shed. Get another pill. Open another beer. Place cat in cupboard, and close door on to neck, to leave head showing. Force mouth open with dessert spoon. Flick pill down throat with elastic band.
- 11. Fetch screwdriver from garage and put cupboard door back on hinges. Drink beer. Fetch bottle of scotch. Pour shot, drink. Apply cold compress to cheek ! and chec k records for date of last tetanus shot. Apply whiskey compress to cheek to disinfect. Toss back another shot. Throw Tee shirt away an! d fetch new one from bedroom.
- 12. Call fire department to retrieve the damn cat from across the road. Apologize to neighbor who crashed into fence while swerving to avoid cat. Take last pill from foil wrap.
- 13. Tie the little bastard's front paws to rear paws with garden twine and bind tightly to leg of dining table, find heavy-duty pruning gloves from shed. Push pill into mouth followed by large piece of filet steak. Be rough about it. Hold head vertically and pour 2 pints of water down throat to wash pill down.
- 14. Consume remainder of scotch. Get spouse to drive you to the emergency room, sit quietly while doctor stitches fingers and forearm and removes pill remnants from right eye. Call furniture shop on way home to order new table.
- 15. Arrange for SPCA to collect mutant cat from hell and call local pet shop to see if they have any hamsters.
How To Give A Dog A Pill
- 1. Wrap it in bacon
- 2. Toss it in the air