Tragic, no? That's three out of five in the set! (I have more than one set, thankfully. Or there might be more carnage.) But I'm filing down the ends and sealing them off with nail polish and they'll be starting their new lives in the witness protection program (well, did you SEE that abuse?) as glove needles. One of these days.
Another tragedy - which needle do you think was the right one to pull out? Where were you when I needed you? (No biggie, honest. Wool stitches just sit there and wait for you.) Wow, that color is really off.
On a jollier note........more or less shamelessly stolen from Knit Think...... The Christmas Meme!
- 1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Gift bags. I've been known on occasion to use paper bags. From the store of origin.
- 2. Real or artificial tree? Tree? Geez.
- 3. When do you put up the tree? When someone brings it over.
- 4. When do you take the tree down? When it catches on fire?
5. Do you like eggnog? Yes! Yum.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? A pony? (No pony.) Wow. I was either an ungrateful little thing or I never got what I wanted.
- 7. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, the one my grandparents had.
8. Hardest person to buy for? My dad, except for the last couple of years, oddly enough.
9. Easiest person to buy for? Me.
10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Maybe it's my memory. I don't remember worst either. Oh! I know! The year my first husband bought me four hubcabs. So. Whelmed.
- 11. Mail or email Christmas cards? Christmas cards??
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? "Christmas in Connecticut" or "White Christmas"
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? All the time. Early. Possibly Christmas Day.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Probably.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Egg nog. Oh, eat? Pfefferneuse.
- 16. Clear lights or colored on the tree?. Lights?
17. Favorite Christmas song? Silver Bells.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay home. Home! Home. Hopefully.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer?! Yes. Can you?
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Trees have tops? Wouldn't a nice sweater be better?
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or Christmas morning? Historically? Whenever my dad got called in to work, 4am one memorable Christmas morning. Nowadays? Christmas morning.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Shopping malls. Although it's kind of a year round thing.
- 23. Do you decorate your tree in any specific theme or color? Are you kidding?
24. What do/did you leave for Santa? Cookies and milk. If he's quick.
Hez sez: "Thanks for the great idea, Chaos & Mayhem! I love my horizontal scratcher. I don't see what it has to do with the couch though. Do you?"